Our team focuses primarily on the strategy, creation, and promotion of Owned Media. It is the core of all content marketing and fills your inbound marketing machine. However, we do work with an outside partner to facilitate Paid Media placements, and we can do research for you on which Earned Media outlets might be best to pitch for promotion of your content.
Earned, Owned & Paid Media:
1. Earned Media:
Outside publications or influencers choose to share your original content or endorse you online. You have ‘earned’ their mentions voluntarily. Examples include mentions on social media, reposts, recommendations, and endorsements. Benefits include street cred from having others endorse your content and exposure to a wider audience.
2. Owned Media:
Your marketing team promotes your original content that you ‘own. Examples include your blog, your website, social media, downloadable content, and videos. Benefits include having total control over the content, educating your audience, driving traffic to your website and social media channels as well as positioning your team as thought leaders.
3. Paid Media:
You purchase sponsored content or advertisements on third-party sites or platforms. This is ‘pay to play’ media. Examples include PPC Ads, display ads, and influencer marketing. Benefits include creating awareness of your company to a new audience and driving traffic to your website.
Why you need content: To drive traffic, convert leads, and position your company as a thought leader in your industry. We believe your content should align to the buyer’s journey, and answer their most pressing pain points and questions.
- Strategy and Technical Research: We analyze business needs to develop the overarching strategic direction for the content and conduct technical research to inform our planned execution.
- Interviews and Topic Research: We interview your subject matter experts, clients and industry influencers and conduct additional topic research to develop content for you.
- Optimize, Publish and Promote: We optimize for SEO, publish the content and promote it on your core channels to increase reach and engagement.
Why you need email marketing: It’s the most proven, cost-effective way to get relevant, targeted information in front of your customers. We believe that email marketing should focus on your entire sales funnel and provide your customers with a highly personalized experience.
- Strategy and Platform: We develop a custom strategy of email type, quantity, and segmentation as well as the development of the best email marketing platform and templates.
- Create, Target, and Publish: We create email copy, design and send everything from one off emails, to newsletters and automated drip campaigns.
- Analysis and Recommendations: We review the performance of emails from deliverability, opens, and clicks to provide suggestions to improve email templates, copy, subject lines and send times.
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
Why you need Conversion Rate Optimization: To convert and acquire more customers in a shorter amount of time, with little investment or effort. We believe that CRO is a series of constant testing and improvements.
- Strategy and Planning: We analyze page performance to identify top pages and conversion paths to begin tracking user behavior and engagement data to make improvements.
- Create, Target, and Publish: We create and publish landing pages, CTAs, and pop up forms targeted at your audience. We determine which conversion points make sense on which pages and plug them in to the appropriate places.
- Analysis and Recommendations: We review the performance of each existing conversion point, as well as opportunities to include more conversion points on existing webpages. We then make recommendations for improvements that will help you reach your conversion goals.
On Page SEO
Why you need SEO: So that your ideal customers can find you and the content you created. We believe in data-driven, continuous improvement of your on-page SEO.
- Strategy and Planning: We do keyword research and competitor research and work with you to determine what words and phrases you would like to be found for, as well as what your audience is searching for.
- Create, Target, and Publish: We develop a list of targeted keywords and identify opportunties (like meta descriptions, alt text, URLs, title tags and on-page content) to include them to improve your SEO.
- Analysis and Recommendations: We analize how you're ranking for those keywords and identify opportunities for improvement and optimization across your digital landscape.
Why you need Lead Generation: To quickly convert your online visitors into leads for your sales team. We believe that a beautiful website or landing page without any lead gen tactics, is just a glorified brochure.
Strategy and Planning: We analyze your website for opportunities to capture more leads and recommend a list of tactics and locations for lead gen including forms that make sense for your audience. We'll consider how much information to capture and match it to your offers.
Create, Target, and Publish: We develop smart forms and CTAs to promote your online content to your ideal customers. We publish them in places most likely to get the best results, and select appropriate triggers (such as exit intent, scrolling, time on page, etc.) for pop up forms.
Analysis and Recommendations: We review the performance of of your lead gen tactics to make calibrations to the content, design, or trigger to improve performance over time.
Why you need Sales Enablement: Sales teams are spread thin and are wasting too much time on researching, sourcing leads, and doing administrative tasks. We believe that marketing automation and sales enablement tools will streamline your sales efforts and help bridge the divide between marketing and sales.
- Strategy and Workflow Analysis: We analyze your current sales workflow and identify opportunities to simplify the workflow with technology, provide better content and resources to prospects and streamline tracking and reporting metrics.
- Create, Target, and Train: We create content via email templates, curate content for sales reps to use to engage target prospects, and train staff on how to leverage technology to improve their results.
- Analysis and Recommendations: We review the performance of email templates, content, and sales activities to identify new opportunities and improvements in the sales workflow.
Why you need HubSpot Integration: Automating your marketing will save you the time and frustration of trying to do everything manually. We believe that HubSpot is the best marketing software for small-to-medium sized manufacturing and industrial businesses that are ready to capture more leads, understand their leads’ behavior, and convert those leads into customers.
- Strategy and Platform: We’ll select the right size HubSpot account for your business. Then we’ll manage the account for you, or train your marketing folks to handle it from there. HubSpot integrates with many other marketing platforms and tools you’re already using like GoToWebinar, Salesforce and SurveyMonkey.
- Create, Target, and Publish: From HubSpot’s easy-to-use dashboard you can create and publish just about everything in your marketing arsenal: website pages, landing pages, lead capture forms, emails, social media posts, blogs and calls-to-action.
- Analysis and Recommendations: HubSpot provides comprehensive tracking and reporting that allows us to A/B test, calibrate and execute the most effective tactics to reach your customers-- all from one place!
Why you need great design: To convey a strong brand and evoke the right emotion from your audience. The right images, photography, graphics, typography and color palette can impress and attract your buyers and keep them engaged with your brand. Great design is key to helping you stand out from your competition.
- Understanding and Discovery: We design with purpose and intention. That means taking the time to understand your business, your buyers, and what makes you unique.
- Position and Visioning: We review your markets, competition and industry and use an array of tools such as archetypes, interviews, and storytelling to select the right look and feel.
- Creation and Execution: From color treatment to imagery, we create designs that are visually engaging and on-brand.
Why you need a solid infrastructure: To build a robust, secure and efficient website to deliver the content without interruption or delay. A sound website infrastructure includes the building blocks to allow for a highly customize and efficient delivery conduits for your message. It has to adhere to CMS best practices of content size, security best practices, and data encapsulation through schema and microdata.
- Needs Analysis: We develop websites with purpose and intention for who will be maintaining them. That means taking the time to understand how often you update content, who will be updating content, their technical skill level, who updates the software, and where the hosting environment.
- Build for responsive, build for mobile: We review the website build at 5 different viewports to ensure the flow of data is smooth and text is easily readable. We optimize images for speed and delivery of your message.
- Post website launch: Once the website is launched, we continue to maintain the website on our hosting partner, Kinsta, and provide routine updates to all software. We monitor for 404 errors or broken links.